RP Celebrates 31st National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week
July 20, 2009 in Anything Filipino, Special Announcements
Tags: Job fair for Persons with Disabilities, National Council on Disability Affairs, National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week, NCDA
The Philippines is currently celebrating its 31st National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week. The National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) is the lead government agency tasked to oversee the celebration nationwide.
This year’s theme is “Tungo sa Katuparan ng Karapatan ng PWDs“. MCCID will take part in this activity by joining in the JOBS FAIR for PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES to be held on July 23 at the SM City North EDSA Annex. We will again be demonstrating the computer skills of our deaf students.
This year’s jobs fair is unique in a way. Instead of companies opening their booths for prospective applicants, it’s the employers who will be doing rounds to view the crafts and skills of the PWDs. They may then gauge their employability potentials.
Other activities lined up can be read at the NCDA Official Website. Para sa ating mga kababayan na may kapansanan, mabuhay po kayo!!!
American Sign Language Barack Obama Bible Institute for the Deaf CAP College Foundation Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Cebu Pacific Cebu Pacific discrimination closed caption cochlear implant Davao City Deaf Culture deaf discrimination deaf education deaf horror video Department of Education Department of Foreign Affairs Dinig Sana Kita disability Ervin Reyes facebook Filipino Filipino Sign Language Grace Padaca Hearing Hearing impairment Heather Whitestone Jefferson Cortez Jerome Marzan Job Fair Jojo Esposa Julius Andrada Language interpretation Liliane Foundation Philippines Magna Carta for the Disabled Persons Makati City Manila Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf Marlee Matlin May Andrada MCCID MCCID College Mike Sandejas Mirana Medina Moises Libot National Council on Disability Affairs NCDA Philippine Philippine Blog Awards Philippine Daily Inquirer Philippine Federation of the Deaf Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Philippines Philippine School for the Deaf Philippine Web Accessibility Group Philippine Web Designers Organization PWAG PWEDO Quezon City RA 9442 Raquel Corpuz Raul Pangalangan Renato Corona Roberto Salva Romalito Mallari Sandi Patty San Mateo Rizal Sign Language sign language interpreter Silent Odyssey Special Education Teddy Casino Therese Bustos UN CRPD Web Accessibility
Book I wrote
How I group my posts
- Anything Filipino
- Deaf Culture
- Deaf Experiences
- Deaf Video
- Discrimination Issues
- Famous Disabled Filipino
- Famous Filipino Deaf
- Filipino Sign Language
- Hello from Me
- Interpreting Issues
- Laws on Disability
- Notable Filipino Deaf
- Notable Filipino Deaf Institution
- Notable Filipino Helping the Deaf
- Sensitivity Trainings
- Sign Language
- sign language interpreting
- Special Announcements
- Web Accessibility
- Web Designing
- 395,868 hits
- Noooooooooooooo!!!! #TheWalkingDead https://t.co/ACH68xhghK 1 month ago
- Wow nabuhay Aldub Nation! #ALDUBAnew 1 month ago
- Wow! Nabuhay aldub nation! #ALDUBAnew 1 month ago
- RT @ALDUBKnights: LOLA BABAH IS IN THE HOUSE!!!! #ALDUBAnew https://t.co/kzG1I0E4Xf 1 month ago
- RT @OFCALDubKoTo: AYAN NA SI ALDEN!!! WALANG KAKALMA ALDUBNATION! I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! #ALDUBAnew 1 month ago
"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God, I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14
gladis on On Cochlear Implants and 3rd W… villanuevam86 on Special Job Fair for Filipino… may maiko conde on Special Job Fair for Filipino… jaspoy on Common misconceptions when hir… Knight Janzen M. Alm… on U.S. Military to recruit more… Paulien on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Melanie Gonzales on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Melanie Gonzales on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Eliemer Garcia on U.S. Military to recruit more… Eliemer Garcia on U.S. Military to recruit more…
- Join us! Bring Filipino Sign Language to the public schools!
- Consultative Forum of SL Interpreters on January 9
- Philippine Census Leaves PWD Count
- Survey for Filipino Interpreters
- Yay! First 350,000th Visits!
- Deaf People and MRT
- Empowered Deaf Tricycle Driver!
- Perils of being a sign language interpreter in the PH
- Filipina Deaf Passes the National Teacher’s Exam
- Deaf teen deemed ‘medically inadmissible’ to join mother in Canada
- MCCID scholarship exam on March 24
- Yay! First 320,000 Visits!
- Filipino Deaf Candidate asked to resign from Beauty Contest
- On Deaf and Relationships
- Yes the Philippines can become a deaf-inclusive country