Deaf Designed Site won Best Organization Website
Good news to our Filipino deaf web designers! The Official Website of the National Council on Disability Affairs won in the Association/ Organization category of the 4th Digital Filipino Web Awards this year.
This is the first time NCDA site won the award given annually by the DigitalFilipino.com Club whose members judge the nominations from the public in over 40 categories. The site was designed by Ervin Reyes, an award winning Deaf web designer together with yours truly under MCCID College of Technology.
The Digital Filipino Web Awards were given last Friday, November 13 at the Hotel Intercontinental in Makati City. It was part of the Digital E-Commerce Summit, which started in Thursday.
The NCDA site award was received by Mr. Dandy Victa, Assistant Chief of Technical Cooperation Division. Yours truly gave the brief overview of the website. I also focused on the promotion of web accessibility.
The websites were reviewed and judged “for their ability to create a noticeable presence on the Internet—their ability to be seen and heard among all the noise and clutter of the Net,” said the award body.
“The DigitalFilipino.com Web Awards aims to advocate the use of Internet and e-commerce for business development, through the identification, promotion and highlighting of best e-commerce practices from various websites in the Philippines,” it said.
• Search engine readiness—title tags, keywords and page strengths.
• Content/organization—clear purpose, target audience clearly defined, citation of sources whenever used, freshness, originality and accuracy of information.
• Structure and navigation—opening page, content connection and transition, writing and conventions, ease of navigation and link usefulness.
• Design and functionality—overall layout, colors, background and text.
• Technical performance—page loading, browser flexibility and live links.
• Interactivity—audience involvement and overall experience
In behalf of the organizers of the Digital Filipino Web Awards, thank you very much for the honor you gave to us. To God be the Glory! 🙂