My List of Deaf Related Groups in Facebook
December 10, 2009 in Deaf Experiences, Hello from Me, Technologies
Tags: Bible Institute for the Deaf, CAP College Foundation, Deaf Nation, deaf related pages in facebook, facebook, Matt Hammil, MCCID
Facebook is now the most popular social networking site. To date they already have more than 350 million users. And with that many people, privacy will definitely be compromised. So when they recently placed a banner heading every time you login, informing us that they will soon be removing regional networks – or grouping of people based on where they live – , I got a bit scared.
I rarely tweet, never plurked, blog once in a while and despise Friendster because of its convoluted interface (I heard they already made a revamped Facebooky style). But with Facebook, I got hooked!
Now, when you’re in someone’s network, let’s say you belonged to the same school or company, you essentially “friend” everyone on that network, allowing others to see the entirety of your Facebook page (this can be changed in your privacy settings). With these latest developments, would other groupings be controlled next?
With that fear constantly entering my paranoid mind, I might as well share with you a list of my favorite deaf related groups and pages before it’s too late. 🙂
- DEAF NATION (Language, Culture and Pride) – It has extensive deaf related features including Matt Hammil, the famous deaf wrestler.
- DEAF CULTURE AND SIGN LANGUAGE – Their latest wall post says,
hi everyone, we use ASL (American Sign Language) in USA and we use CSL (Chinese Sign Language) in China, right? how about you? would you please tell us what your sign language is? thank you.
- THE CAPTION HUNT PROJECT – This is an on-going entertainment research project by 2GuysTaking providing entertaining yet detailed closed captioning reports for a continually-growing list of television programs, DVDs, feature films and more.
- DEAF FILIPINO AMERICAN – This is a social networking group where you can meet new friends, keeping in touch with the old ones, Filipino culture events and of course, Deaf Filipino news.
I also have a list of favorite Fan Pages of schools for the deaf in the Philippines. These are:
- Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf College of Technology Fan Page
- CAP College School for the Deaf Fan Page
- Bible Institute for the Deaf Group and Deaf Christian A/G Group
These are only my initial lists. It will definitely increase so long as my enamor with Facebook is still there. Oh by the way, I would also like to share with you my current wall post:
Facebook is not a contest as to how many friends you have but as to how long you keep the friends you have.
Happy FACEBOOK! 🙂
American Sign Language Barack Obama Bible Institute for the Deaf CAP College Foundation Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Cebu Pacific Cebu Pacific discrimination closed caption cochlear implant Davao City Deaf Culture deaf discrimination deaf education deaf horror video Department of Education Department of Foreign Affairs Dinig Sana Kita disability Ervin Reyes facebook Filipino Filipino Sign Language Grace Padaca Hearing Hearing impairment Heather Whitestone Jefferson Cortez Jerome Marzan Job Fair Jojo Esposa Julius Andrada Language interpretation Liliane Foundation Philippines Magna Carta for the Disabled Persons Makati City Manila Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf Marlee Matlin May Andrada MCCID MCCID College Mike Sandejas Mirana Medina Moises Libot National Council on Disability Affairs NCDA Philippine Philippine Blog Awards Philippine Daily Inquirer Philippine Federation of the Deaf Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Philippines Philippine School for the Deaf Philippine Web Accessibility Group Philippine Web Designers Organization PWAG PWEDO Quezon City RA 9442 Raquel Corpuz Raul Pangalangan Renato Corona Roberto Salva Romalito Mallari Sandi Patty San Mateo Rizal Sign Language sign language interpreter Silent Odyssey Special Education Teddy Casino Therese Bustos UN CRPD Web Accessibility
Book I wrote
How I group my posts
- Anything Filipino
- Deaf Culture
- Deaf Experiences
- Deaf Video
- Discrimination Issues
- Famous Disabled Filipino
- Famous Filipino Deaf
- Filipino Sign Language
- Hello from Me
- Interpreting Issues
- Laws on Disability
- Notable Filipino Deaf
- Notable Filipino Deaf Institution
- Notable Filipino Helping the Deaf
- Sensitivity Trainings
- Sign Language
- sign language interpreting
- Special Announcements
- Web Accessibility
- Web Designing
- 404,868 hits
- RT @ALDUBNation: Gandang hapon TEAM ABROAD! Ready na ba ang mga TV sets nyo para sa WORLDWIDE PREMIERE ng DTBY on 02/27/2017 #DestinedToBe… 14 hours ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Multi hashtag tweet updates is slated to be completed Sunday. Pero under testing pa. #DestinedToBeYoursIn9Days #ALDUBDest… 5 days ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Tweet count as of February 16, 11:40PM for #DestinedToBeYoursIn11Days is 252,621 tweets. Remaining: -747,379 tweets 1 week ago
- RT @joseph_bac: Abangan! #ALDUBxDTBYFTBukasNa @NDF_INTL_OFC @ALDubTeamBahay_ @jophie30 @JoWaPao_ @_MAICHARDNation @MaiChardGlobal @Maichard… 1 week ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Tweet count as of February 09, 10:30PM for #ALDUB82ndWeeksary is 703,056 tweets. Remaining: -296,944 tweets 2 weeks ago
"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God, I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14
jojomccid on Common misconceptions when hir… joan on Common misconceptions when hir… Daddy Mike on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Julie ann alvarez on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Evelyn T. Arago on List of cities and provinces i… analynalejo on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Frank RJ on How successful is cochlear… gladis on On Cochlear Implants and 3rd W… villanuevam86 on Special Job Fair for Filipino… may maiko conde on Special Job Fair for Filipino…
- Yay! First 400,000th Visits
- 1st Deaf Festival in Baguio City
- Join us! Bring Filipino Sign Language to the public schools!
- Consultative Forum of SL Interpreters on January 9
- Philippine Census Leaves PWD Count
- Survey for Filipino Interpreters
- Yay! First 350,000th Visits!
- Deaf People and MRT
- Empowered Deaf Tricycle Driver!
- Perils of being a sign language interpreter in the PH
- Filipina Deaf Passes the National Teacher’s Exam
- Deaf teen deemed ‘medically inadmissible’ to join mother in Canada
- MCCID scholarship exam on March 24
- Yay! First 320,000 Visits!
- Filipino Deaf Candidate asked to resign from Beauty Contest