14-yr-old deaf-mute nabbed after LTO heist
July 19, 2011 in Deaf Experiences
This is a repost from Philippine Star.
MANILA, Philippines – A group of robbers breached the cashier’s office of the Land Transportation Office in Surigao City on Monday, carting away close to P110,000 cash.
A belated police report said one of the suspects have been arrested. However, investigators could not juice information from the suspect because he is not only a minor, but also deaf and mute.
The suspect is only 14 years old and a resident of Purok Philvocs, Barangay Washington in Surigao City.
Police said the group of robbers gained entry into the LTO’s cashier’s office and forcibly opened the steel cabinet containing P108, 583 cash. The robbers also broke the supply room’s padlock on the second floor of the LTO building.
The robbery was discovered after Monday’s flag raising, police said.
Police have recovered some lost LTO items from the possession of the deaf-mute suspect but did not indicate if the cash money was recovered.
American Sign Language Barack Obama Bible Institute for the Deaf CAP College Foundation Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Cebu Pacific Cebu Pacific discrimination closed caption cochlear implant Davao City Deaf Culture deaf discrimination deaf education deaf horror video Department of Education Department of Foreign Affairs Dinig Sana Kita disability Ervin Reyes facebook Filipino Filipino Sign Language Grace Padaca Hearing Hearing impairment Heather Whitestone Jefferson Cortez Jerome Marzan Job Fair Jojo Esposa Julius Andrada Language interpretation Liliane Foundation Philippines Magna Carta for the Disabled Persons Makati City Manila Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf Marlee Matlin May Andrada MCCID MCCID College Mike Sandejas Mirana Medina Moises Libot National Council on Disability Affairs NCDA Philippine Philippine Blog Awards Philippine Daily Inquirer Philippine Federation of the Deaf Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Philippines Philippine School for the Deaf Philippine Web Accessibility Group Philippine Web Designers Organization PWAG PWEDO Quezon City RA 9442 Raquel Corpuz Raul Pangalangan Renato Corona Roberto Salva Romalito Mallari Sandi Patty San Mateo Rizal Sign Language sign language interpreter Silent Odyssey Special Education Teddy Casino Therese Bustos UN CRPD Web Accessibility
Book I wrote
How I group my posts
- Anything Filipino
- Deaf Culture
- Deaf Experiences
- Deaf Video
- Discrimination Issues
- Famous Disabled Filipino
- Famous Filipino Deaf
- Filipino Sign Language
- Hello from Me
- Interpreting Issues
- Laws on Disability
- Notable Filipino Deaf
- Notable Filipino Deaf Institution
- Notable Filipino Helping the Deaf
- Sensitivity Trainings
- Sign Language
- sign language interpreting
- Special Announcements
- Web Accessibility
- Web Designing
- 411,536 hits
- RT @officialaldub16: Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh may kiiisssssssssssss #DTBYSetUp 6 days ago
- RT @MochaUson: Wala ba kayong napapansin mga kaDDS ang daming kaganapan sa state visit ni PRRD pero ang MMedia walang good news sa trip? #B… 1 week ago
- RT @TropALDUB: Happy #ALDUB91stWeeksary 💑❤ Tweet🐦 @ALDUBHashtagSQ @AlDubBigBoyz @yodabuda @AIFam16 @ALDUBNation @OFCALDubKoTo @ALDubFTnQT @… 2 weeks ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Tweet count as of April 12, 7:10PM for #DTBYBantay is 78,511 tweets. Remaining: -921,489 tweets 2 weeks ago
- RT @tontoncontreras: Please tweet #PalitBiseRally! Let's send Leni Robredo a message that her time is up. 3 weeks ago
"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God, I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14
Arnel tantay on Free hearing aids! sherwin on List of cities and provinces i… Jennie Ann Quilala on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Michelle on On Cochlear Implants and 3rd W… jojomccid on Common misconceptions when hir… joan on Common misconceptions when hir… shiela donesa on DTI Approves 5% Discount for P… Daddy Mike on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Julie ann alvarez on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Evelyn T. Arago on List of cities and provinces i…
- Yay! First 400,000th Visits
- 1st Deaf Festival in Baguio City
- Join us! Bring Filipino Sign Language to the public schools!
- Consultative Forum of SL Interpreters on January 9
- Philippine Census Leaves PWD Count
- Survey for Filipino Interpreters
- Yay! First 350,000th Visits!
- Deaf People and MRT
- Empowered Deaf Tricycle Driver!
- Perils of being a sign language interpreter in the PH
- Filipina Deaf Passes the National Teacher’s Exam
- Deaf teen deemed ‘medically inadmissible’ to join mother in Canada
- MCCID scholarship exam on March 24
- Yay! First 320,000 Visits!
- Filipino Deaf Candidate asked to resign from Beauty Contest