Deaf earthquake victims need our help
To my faithful Blog Readers:
Last October 15, a Magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck the island paradise of Bohol and Cebu toppling homes, schools, hospital and the heritage churches which dated back to 16th century.
International Deaf Education Association (IDEA) has been serving the deaf community in Bohol for more than two decades. They have deaf schools in the two worst hit towns on the island, Sagbayan and Loon. Their dormitories have been badly damaged and are in need of repair or reconstruction. The are also in immediate need for drinking water and food.
You may visit their site at
http://www.ideadeaf.org to view the photos of devastation.
May I appeal to all my readers to please pray with us and help our deaf community there by giving donations either in cash or in kind. You may directly course your assistance to their organization or visit this link to give donation.
Let us continue to pray for the safety and comfort of our brothers and sisters in Bohol and Cebu…
American Sign Language Barack Obama Bible Institute for the Deaf CAP College Foundation Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Cebu Pacific Cebu Pacific discrimination closed caption cochlear implant Davao City Deaf Culture deaf discrimination deaf education deaf horror video Department of Education Department of Foreign Affairs Dinig Sana Kita disability Ervin Reyes facebook Filipino Filipino Sign Language Grace Padaca Hearing Hearing impairment Heather Whitestone Jefferson Cortez Jerome Marzan Job Fair Jojo Esposa Julius Andrada Language interpretation Liliane Foundation Philippines Magna Carta for the Disabled Persons Makati City Manila Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf Marlee Matlin May Andrada MCCID MCCID College Mike Sandejas Mirana Medina Moises Libot National Council on Disability Affairs NCDA Philippine Philippine Blog Awards Philippine Daily Inquirer Philippine Federation of the Deaf Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Philippines Philippine School for the Deaf Philippine Web Accessibility Group Philippine Web Designers Organization PWAG PWEDO Quezon City RA 9442 Raquel Corpuz Raul Pangalangan Renato Corona Roberto Salva Romalito Mallari Sandi Patty San Mateo Rizal Sign Language sign language interpreter Silent Odyssey Special Education Teddy Casino Therese Bustos UN CRPD Web Accessibility
Book I wrote
How I group my posts
- Anything Filipino
- Deaf Culture
- Deaf Experiences
- Deaf Video
- Discrimination Issues
- Famous Disabled Filipino
- Famous Filipino Deaf
- Filipino Sign Language
- Hello from Me
- Interpreting Issues
- Laws on Disability
- Notable Filipino Deaf
- Notable Filipino Deaf Institution
- Notable Filipino Helping the Deaf
- Sensitivity Trainings
- Sign Language
- sign language interpreting
- Special Announcements
- Web Accessibility
- Web Designing
- 405,112 hits
- RT @ALDUBNation: Gandang hapon TEAM ABROAD! Ready na ba ang mga TV sets nyo para sa WORLDWIDE PREMIERE ng DTBY on 02/27/2017 #DestinedToBe… 2 days ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Multi hashtag tweet updates is slated to be completed Sunday. Pero under testing pa. #DestinedToBeYoursIn9Days #ALDUBDest… 1 week ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Tweet count as of February 16, 11:40PM for #DestinedToBeYoursIn11Days is 252,621 tweets. Remaining: -747,379 tweets 1 week ago
- RT @joseph_bac: Abangan! #ALDUBxDTBYFTBukasNa @NDF_INTL_OFC @ALDubTeamBahay_ @jophie30 @JoWaPao_ @_MAICHARDNation @MaiChardGlobal @Maichard… 2 weeks ago
- RT @pagkalaagan: Tweet count as of February 09, 10:30PM for #ALDUB82ndWeeksary is 703,056 tweets. Remaining: -296,944 tweets 2 weeks ago
"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God, I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14
jojomccid on Common misconceptions when hir… joan on Common misconceptions when hir… Daddy Mike on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Julie ann alvarez on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Evelyn T. Arago on List of cities and provinces i… analynalejo on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Frank RJ on How successful is cochlear… gladis on On Cochlear Implants and 3rd W… villanuevam86 on Special Job Fair for Filipino… may maiko conde on Special Job Fair for Filipino…
- Yay! First 400,000th Visits
- 1st Deaf Festival in Baguio City
- Join us! Bring Filipino Sign Language to the public schools!
- Consultative Forum of SL Interpreters on January 9
- Philippine Census Leaves PWD Count
- Survey for Filipino Interpreters
- Yay! First 350,000th Visits!
- Deaf People and MRT
- Empowered Deaf Tricycle Driver!
- Perils of being a sign language interpreter in the PH
- Filipina Deaf Passes the National Teacher’s Exam
- Deaf teen deemed ‘medically inadmissible’ to join mother in Canada
- MCCID scholarship exam on March 24
- Yay! First 320,000 Visits!
- Filipino Deaf Candidate asked to resign from Beauty Contest
- On Cochlear Implants and 3rd World Country
- Humorous stories from Philippine General Hospital
- Isabela Governor Grace Padaca, Famous Disabled Filipino
- Survey of Conditions of Deaf People in Metro Manila (Part 1)
- Philippine President Signed Program for Disabled Persons in Every Province, Cities and Municipalities