Deaf people around the world have found communication during Covid-19 times quite challenging. Dr. Robert Adams of Cambridge University discusses sign languages, the impact Covid-19 has had on deaf people, and how we can help by making small changes in the English language classroom. I have summarized his post by listing the checklist here:
- Do they have better access to the internet?
- Do they know how to use online platforms?
- Is a sign language interpreter needed?
- Can the students see each other clearly?
- Can the students participate and interact?
- Is there a live captioning and is it accurate?
- Do videos used as visual aids accessible?
- Do students and interpreters have access to preparation materials?
I have created a simple infographics which you can freely download here.
You may view the originating post below.