Deaf VS Hearing, anyone?
Although some hearing people have occasionally bully deaf people because they feel that they are more superior than them. Deaf people on the other hand tend to exhibit their “pity-me” effect to the hearing people in order to get concessions. But pitting them against each other is counter-productive and does not promote rights-based approach.
I got hold of this image from a Facebook page of my friend who got it from another friend. I felt amazed at how the image-maker compared the Deaf from the Hearing. Here it is:
I don’t know where he got this view. Probably he is deaf. But I believe most of the statements of comparison are true. Based on this I can summarize that deaf people are more open, blunt and straight-to-the-point while hearing people are more subdued, respecting and mind-your-own-business type.
Dear readers, what do you think?
American Sign Language Barack Obama Bible Institute for the Deaf CAP College Foundation Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Cebu Pacific Cebu Pacific discrimination closed caption cochlear implant Davao City Deaf Culture deaf discrimination deaf education deaf horror video Department of Education Department of Foreign Affairs Dinig Sana Kita disability Ervin Reyes facebook Filipino Filipino Sign Language Grace Padaca Hearing Hearing impairment Heather Whitestone Jefferson Cortez Jerome Marzan Job Fair Jojo Esposa Julius Andrada Language interpretation Liliane Foundation Philippines Magna Carta for the Disabled Persons Makati City Manila Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf Marlee Matlin May Andrada MCCID MCCID College Mike Sandejas Mirana Medina Moises Libot National Council on Disability Affairs NCDA Philippine Philippine Blog Awards Philippine Daily Inquirer Philippine Federation of the Deaf Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Philippines Philippine School for the Deaf Philippine Web Accessibility Group Philippine Web Designers Organization PWAG PWEDO Quezon City RA 9442 Raquel Corpuz Raul Pangalangan Renato Corona Roberto Salva Romalito Mallari Sandi Patty San Mateo Rizal Sign Language sign language interpreter Silent Odyssey Special Education Teddy Casino Therese Bustos UN CRPD Web Accessibility
Book I wrote
How I group my posts
- Anything Filipino
- Deaf Culture
- Deaf Experiences
- Deaf Video
- Discrimination Issues
- Famous Disabled Filipino
- Famous Filipino Deaf
- Filipino Sign Language
- Hello from Me
- Interpreting Issues
- Laws on Disability
- Notable Filipino Deaf
- Notable Filipino Deaf Institution
- Notable Filipino Helping the Deaf
- Sensitivity Trainings
- Sign Language
- sign language interpreting
- Special Announcements
- Web Accessibility
- Web Designing
- 352,989 hits
- RT @nicoletteannmc: Certified aldub faney ako, nagood vibes at kinilig ako sa tnt ad nila! Haaay 😍😍😍 #ALDUBPleaseDontGo 9 hours ago
- RT @aldenrichards02: Excited to be here!!! https://t.co/6kKPqYraLY 9 hours ago
- RT @kricket_rc234: Bo Sanchez praying for Bae in Monday night's event. #ALDUBApproval (c) Bo Sanchez FB | @dbuzzketball https://t.co/Dt8F… 10 hours ago
- RT @CzamiSwiftie: We r an all blind group &we wnt to meet and sing 4ALDUB @mainedcm @aldenrichards02 @AngPoetNyo dream #ALDUBApproval https… 10 hours ago
- RT @ALDUBPILIPINAS: 1Million tweets bago mag EB! Let's go AlDub Nation! #ALDUBApproval https://t.co/NqeFEe5fDj 10 hours ago
"Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God, I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14
Eliemer Garcia on U.S. Military to recruit more… Eliemer Garcia on U.S. Military to recruit more… Edrian Corpuz Fortun… on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Jesus M. Rosario on Special Job Fair for Filipino… jsicarsrio on U.S. Military to recruit more… esa dela cruz on DTI Approves 5% Discount for P… Aishwarya on Filipina Deaf Passes the Natio… Jovelyn on Isabela Governor Grace Padaca,… annaliza carballo on Special Job Fair for Filipino… Cherry cate canlas on Special Job Fair for Filipino…
- Survey for Filipino Interpreters
- Yay! First 350,000th Visits!
- Deaf People and MRT
- Empowered Deaf Tricycle Driver!
- Perils of being a sign language interpreter in the PH
- Filipina Deaf Passes the National Teacher’s Exam
- Deaf teen deemed ‘medically inadmissible’ to join mother in Canada
- MCCID scholarship exam on March 24
- Yay! First 320,000 Visits!
- Filipino Deaf Candidate asked to resign from Beauty Contest
- On Deaf and Relationships
- Yes the Philippines can become a deaf-inclusive country
- Cebu Pacific Airlines, the Filipino Deaf and Me
- Philippine Revolution with Deaf Actors
- Pope Francis and the Filipino Deaf